Lumit™ IL-2 (Human) Immunoassay
Lumit™ cytokine assays are homogeneous, bioluminescent assays for detecting cytokine release from cells without the need for sample transfer or wash steps. Cytokines are signaling molecules critical for regulating inflammation and immune responses. Detecting and quantifying cytokines is crucial for many research areas including immunology, cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory diseases such as asthma, arthritis and neurodegenerative diseases. Detection of cytokines from cell-based models are important research tools for both basic research and drug discovery in these research areas. The mechanism of action of many biologic drug treatments, including monoclonal antibodies and cell and gene therapy products, is to activate immune cells, which can be measured through cytokine release. We have developed Lumit™ assays to detect six human cytokines especially important in T cell biology: IL-2, IL-4, IL-6, IL-10, IFN-ɣ and TNF-α.
Assay Principle: Primary monoclonal antibodies to the target cytokine are labeled with SmBiT and LgBiT. In the presence of the target cytokine, SmBiT and LgBiT are brought into proximity, forming the NanoBiT® enzyme. When Lumit™ Detection Reagent B is added, a bright luminescent signal is generated in proportion to the amount of target cytokine present.
Value Proposition: Lumit™ assays are a fast, easy and scalable alternative to ELISAs for analyte detection.
Positioning: Bench Scientist User Persona, Lumit versus ELISA
For scientists detecting cytokines from cell culture samples who need cost-effective, reproducible and robust assays, Promega Lumit™ Cytokine Immunoassays are no-wash, ready-to-use assays that save precious time, labor and resources. Unlike competing ELISA methods, we streamline your workflow so you have time to take your entire lunch break.
Positioning: Group Leader Decision Maker Persona, Lumit versus PerkinElmer
For scientists detecting cytokines from cell culture samples who need cost-effective, reproducible and robust assays using standard lab equipment, Promega Lumit™ Cytokine Immunoassays are no-wash, ready-to-use assays that save precious time, labor and resources. Unlike competing AlphaLISA methods, Lumit™ assays don’t require expensive capital expenditures.
Market Segments and Target Customers:
• Drug Discovery and Development: Pharma/Biotech/CROs
High-throughput users for two key applications:
1: HTS Screening in drug discovery (use large number of plates at once, will appreciate scalability of assays)
2: Drug Development/Biologics lot release/QC assay use (use smaller number of plates more often, will appreciate ease of use and reproducibility)
• Basic Research: Academic/Government, Clinical/Hospital (research labs)
Will appreciate a ready-to-use assay (save time on assay development) and time savings
Features and Benefits:
• Direct, in-well detection: Saves time and resources (cells, reagents, plastics) in the lab
• No wash steps required; simple add-mix-measure protocol: Saves time and resources in the lab; no need to use plate washer instrument and less opportunity for error with fewer hands-on steps
• Broad linear range: Sample dilutions not required saves time and resources in the lab
• Scalable to 384-well pate: Can run more samples per experiment saves time and resources in the lab
• No specialized instrumentation required: Saves money
• Validated assays for high-value targets: Saves time (weeks to months) of developing an assay