Chroma-Glo Luciferase Assay System
Dual-Color Luminescence Detection with Fewer Assay Steps
The Chroma-Glo™ Luciferase Assay System and the Chroma-Luc™ Vectors provide a method to generate red and green (dual-color) luminescence from a single sample upon a single-reagent addition. Filtered measurement of the dual-color luminescence produced by the Chroma-Luc™ luciferases permits each reporter to be measured independently and virtually simultaneously.
The Chroma-Glo™ Assay is in a homogeneous format that generates luminescence with >30-minute signal half-lives for each of the Chroma-Luc™ luciferases, thereby enabling the processing of many plates without prior sample handling.
The high-homology Chroma-Luc™ luciferases can be used to establish an ideal internal control for normalizing cytotoxicity in downregulation applications and for decreasing inter- and intrasample variability. You can also use the reporters to multiplex experimental reporters to increase the data content from cell-based assays.
- Increase assay accuracy and precision through normalization, or use both reporters to multiplex experimental measurements. Use filters to spectrally separate the luminescent signals.
- Establish the ideal control or multiplexed system. Use the high-homology red and green luciferases to minimize potential RNA and protein effects on reporter expression.
- Use the stable luminescence for batch or continuous processing of multiple plates.
- Fewer assay steps. Simply add Chroma-Luc™ Reagent directly to cells in medium, then measure.ewe
- Automation-friendly. Validated automated methods are available at: www.promega.com/automethods/
Chroma-Glo™ Luciferase Assay System Technical Manual
PDF (823 KB)
Certificate of AnalysisLookup Certificate of Analysis
-30C TO -10C
For Research Use Only. Not for Use in Diagnostic Procedures.
Software and Firmware