Dual-Glo Luciferase Assay System
An Extended-Life Dual-Luciferase Assay with "Add-Mix-Measure" Convenience
The Dual-Glo® Luciferase Assay System is a homogeneous reagent system that enables fast and simple quantitation of a stable luminescent signal from two reporter genes in a single sample. The convenient "add-mix-measure" protocol generates both firefly and Renilla luciferase luminescence signals from cells that have not been preconditioned or prelysed.
With the Dual-Glo® System, internal controls can be established to minimize sample variability by reducing false-positive and false-negative readings caused by nonspecific factors such as cytotoxicity. In the Dual-Glo® Luciferase Assay, the activity of the primary reporter is correlated with the effect of specific stimuli, and the activity of the co-transfected control reporter provides an internal control to normalize results.
The system is optimized for batch processing both 96- and 384-well plates and is compatible with a wide variety of mammalian cell culture media. The Dual-Glo® Luciferase Assay System provides high Z´-factors for cell-based, high-throughput screening applications.
- Increased Precision and Accuracy. Assay normalization using an internal control co-reporter minimizes the effects of variations in cell number and health, transfection efficiency and nonspecific cellular responses.
- No centrifugation or pre-lysis steps required. Reagents are added directly to growth medium for both reporters.
- Stable signal allows flexibility for batch or continuous processing of 96- and 384-well plates. Each luminescent signal can be measured for up to 2 hours after reagent addition.
- Simple, two-step assay is compatible with any luminometer. On-board injectors not required.
- Wide Dynamic Range allows analysis of high and low reporter activity without sample dilution. Linear over at least 6 logs of enzyme concentration for each reporter.
Learn more about custom options for this product at: www.promega.com/custom/
Contact Promega for information on bulk purchases.
Dual-Glo® Luciferase Assay System Technical Manual
PDF (1 MB)
Dual-Glo Luciferase Assay System Quick Protocol FB130
PDF (125 KB)
Certificate of AnalysisLookup Certificate of Analysis
-30C TO -10C
For Research Use Only. Not for Use in Diagnostic Procedures.