Access RT-PCR System
Separate Components to Assemble Your Single Tube RT-PCR
The Access RT-PCR System is designed for the reverse transcription (RT) and PCR amplification of a specific target RNA from total RNA or mRNA. This one-tube, two-enzyme system provides sensitive, quick and reproducible analysis of even rare RNAs. The system uses AMV Reverse Transcriptase (AMV RT) from Avian Myeloblastosis Virus for first-strand DNA synthesis and thermostable Tfl DNA polymerase from Thermus flavus for second-strand cDNA synthesis and DNA amplification. The Access RT-PCR System includes an optimized single-buffer system that permits extremely sensitive detection of RNA transcripts without a requirement for buffer additions between the reverse transcription and PCR amplification steps. This simplifies the procedure and reduces the potential for contaminating the samples. In addition, the improved performance of AMV Reverse Transcriptase at elevated temperatures in the AMV/Tfl 5X Reaction Buffer minimizes problems encountered with secondary structures in RNA.
- Maximum Control: Separate tubes of each component allow you to control every step of the reaction. You can optimize Mg2+ and perform no-reverse transcriptase control reactions.
- Less Template: Detect message from as little as 1pg of total RNA or mRNA.
- No Buffer Additions Required: The AMV/Tfl 5X Reaction Buffer results in optimal enzyme activity without buffer additions between the reverse transcription and DNA amplification steps.
- Performance-Tested System: Promega PCR Systems, enzymes and reagents are proven in PCR to ensure reliable, high-performance results. If you are not completely satisfied with any Promega PCR product, we will send a replacement or refund your account.
- Choose Your Configuration: Learn more about our custom options for this product at: www.promega.com/custom/
For more information, see the Protocols & Applications Guide.
- Miller, K. and Storts, D.R. (1995) Promega Notes 53, 2–5.
- Kaledin, A.S. et al. (1981) Biokhimiia 46, 1576–84.
Performance Guarantee: Promega PCR systems, enzymes and reagents are proven in PCR to ensure reliable, high-performance results. If you are not completely satisfied with any Promega PCR product, we will send a replacement or refund your account.
Access RT-PCR System Technical Bulletin
PDF (214 KB)
Access RT-PCR system Quick Protocol FB034
PDF (60 KB)
Certificate of AnalysisLookup Certificate of Analysis
-30C TO -10C
For Research Use Only. Not for Use in Diagnostic Procedures.