ImProm-II Reverse Transcription System
Complete System for First-Strand cDNA Synthesis of Long or Rare Messages
The ImProm-II™ Reverse Transcription System produces efficient, robust synthesis of first-strand cDNA in preparation for PCR amplification. The components of the ImProm-II™ Reverse Transcription System can be used to reverse transcribe RNA templates starting with total RNA, poly(A)+ mRNA or synthetic transcript RNA. The optimized reaction buffer and powerful ImProm-II™ Reverse Transcriptase provided in the ImProm-II™ System together enable robust, full-length cDNA synthesis for the reproducible analysis of rare or long messages. The cDNA synthesis conditions were formulated for standalone applications or for easy transition to gene-specific target amplification. An aliquot of the reverse transcription reaction (1–20ul) can be amplified directly using Taq DNA polymerase in coupled or uncoupled PCR.Advantages
- Amenable to Full-Length RT-PCR: Reverse transcribe long RNA templates up to 8.9kb.
- Microarray-Compatible: May be used to incorporate regular, Cy®3-modified, Cy®5-modified and amino-allyl-modified nucleotides.
- Easy to Use: System provides all reagents necessary for efficient reverse transcription.
- Scalable and Flexible: 1–20ul of the initial reverse transcription reaction may be used in subsequent PCR, and the optimized buffer allows coupled RT-PCR.
- RT Provided with 5X Reaction Buffer: 250mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.3 at 25°C), 375mM KCl and 50mM DTT. A 25mM MgCl2 Solution also is included.
- Versatile: Use with your thermostable DNA polymerase of choice.
- Choose Your Configuration: Learn more about our custom options for this product at: www.promega.com/custom/
ImProm-II™ Reverse Transcription System Technical Manual
PDF (1 MB)
Certificate of AnalysisLookup Certificate of Analysis
-30C TO -10C
For Research Use Only. Not for Use in Diagnostic Procedures.